Courts of Appeals of the D.C. Circuit
Official photographs of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit have been taken, typically in the years in which there was a change in the composition of the Court. The first such photograph was taken of the Shepard Court in 1905 when the Court was comprised of three judges: Chief Judge Seth Shepard, Judge Martin F. Morris, and Judge C.H. Duell.
This exhibit contains all the official photographs of the Courts of Appeals of the D.C. Circuit taken from 1905 until 1977, the final year of the Bazelon Courts. In most cases, the photographs include the active judges on the Court; however, in some cases the photographs also include the senior judges sitting at that time.