Information Routinely Collected and Stored
If you visit our site, we may collect and store information, including, but not limited to:
- The name of the domain from which you accessed the Internet.
- The IP address from which you accessed the Society’s website. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are connected to the Internet.
- The date and time you accessed our site.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
- The pages you visited.
- If you linked to our site from another website, the address of the originating site.
This information is used for the purpose of evaluating and maintaining our site. From this information, we learn what users like and need; what kind of technology they are using; how often they visit; and other valuable information that helps us to offer our visitors the best site possible.
Information You Provide
If you choose to provide us with personal information, for example by contacting us via e-mail (email@example.com), the information will be used only for the purpose(s) you state. We collect such information solely to respond to your requests. We do not share that information with others, and we do not collect information for commercial marketing purposes.
Anyone using this system consents to the information-collection practices described above, as well as reasonable measures to ensure the security of this website. If information comes to our attention suggesting possible abuse or criminal activity, we may provide it to appropriate law enforcement officials. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this website are prohibited and may be subject to criminal prosecution or civil enforcement under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act or other relevant laws.