Oral History Project
The Historical Society of the District of Columbia Circuit

Oral History Project United States Courts
The Historical Society of the District of Columbia Circuit
District of Columbia Circuit
Interview conducted by:
Gennine A. Hagar
May 27, 2015

Preface. ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. i
Oral History Agreements
Mrs. Laurice Juggins ……………………………………………………………………………………. iii
Gennine A. Hagar ………………………………………………………………………………………….v
Oral History Transcript of Interview
April 8, 2002 …………………………………………………………………………………………………1
Index …………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. A-1
Biographical Sketches
Warren T. Juggins ……………………………………………………………………………………B-1
Gennine A. Hagar ……………………………………………………………………………………B-2
The following pages record interviews conducted on the dates indicated. The interviews were
recorded digitally or on cassette tape, and the interviewee and the interviewer have been afforded
an opportunity to review and edit the transcript.
The contents hereof and all literary rights pertaining hereto are governed by, and are subject to, the
Oral History Agreements included herewith.
© 2016 Historical Society of the District of Columbia Circuit.
All rights reserved.
The goal of the Oral History Project of the Historical Society of the District of Columbia
Circuit is to preserve the recollections of the judges of the Courts of the District of Columbia
Circuit and lawyers, court staff, and others who played important roles in the history of the Circuit.
The Project began in 1991. Oral history interviews are conducted by volunteer attorneys who are
trained by the Society. Before donating the oral history to the Society, both the subject of the
history and the interviewer have had an opportunity to review and edit the transcripts.
Indexed transcripts of the oral histories and related documents are available in the Judges’
Library in the E. Barrett Prettyman United States Courthouse, 333 Constitution Avenue, N.W.,
Washington, D.C., the Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress, and the library of the
Historical Society of the District of Columbia
With the permission of the person being interviewed, oral histories are also available on the
Internet through the Society’s Web site, Audio recordings of most interviews, as
well as electronic versions of the transcripts, are in the custody of the Society.

Schedule A
Voice recordings (digital recordings) and transcripts resulting from one interviews with Mrs.
Laurice Juggins conducted on the following date:
Interview No. and Date Description of Media Pages of
Containing Voice Recordings Final Transcript
May 27, 2015 DVD 1-16
The electronic media are on one DVD.

Schedule A
Voice recordings (digital recordings) and transcripts resulting from one interviews with Mrs.
Laurice Juggins conducted on the following date:
Interview No. and Date Description of Media Pages of
Containing Voice Recordings Final Transcript
May 27, 2015 DVD 1-16
The electronic media are on one DVD.
This interview is being conducted on behalf of the Oral History Project of The Historical
Society of the District of Columbia Circuit. The interviewer is Gennine A. Hagar and the
interviewee is Mrs. Laurice Patterson Juggins, on behalf of her husband, Warren Theodore
Juggins. The interview took place at the home of Mrs. Juggins at 1307 Quincy Street, N.W.,
Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, May 27, 2015.
MS. HAGAR: Mrs. Juggins, thank you so much for agreeing to participate in this oral history
project. Mr. Juggins’ history will be a valuable addition to the historical
archives of the Circuit. I appreciate you spending the time with me to share
your husband’s profound history. I look forward to talking about his
professional history. Let’s begin by discussing his personal and family
background. What do you remember about Mr. Juggins’ parents and where he
was born?
MS. JUGGINS: He was born in Dumfries, Virginia, but his mother and father moved to
Washington when he was a baby, so he grew up in Washington. His mother
was a homemaker, she stayed home. There were seven children, and he was
number two of the seven. His father was a brickmason. They lived near me, so
we were like neighbors, and his sisters and I were good friends. To me, he
looked to me like an old man because there’s a five-year difference between the
ages, but during that time, that was a big strain. So he grew up in Washington.
He went to Francis Junior High School, then he went to Phelps. The main
reason for going to Phelps Vocational School was he wanted to follow in his
father’s footsteps because at that time, Phelps was a vocational school and he
took up brick masonry. He did do something with those skills. One thing, he
made a barbecue grill at our beach home in Annapolis, but he did get some jobs
working on buildings and houses before he started driving a cab.
MS. HAGAR: You said he was the second of seven children. Tell me more about his siblings.
MS. JUGGINS: Of the seven, only two are living now. There were four boys and three girls.
One girl is still living, and the baby boy is still living. They were a very close
family. Although we lived in the same neighborhood, I didn’t visit their home
per se, so I can’t tell you too much about what happened in the home situation,
but I would speak to his mother, Mrs. Juggins, who when sitting out on the front
porch, would speak to her. She was a very lovely person.
MS. HAGAR: What do you know about his other relatives?
MS. JUGGINS: As I mentioned, he was born in Dumfries, Virginia, so there’s a family, like the
Kennedy’s compound, down there in Dumfries, the Kendalls. I think they were
his mother’s parents, they had lots, and some of the Kendalls built houses on
that area. So, when we would go down there to visit on weekends or go on
Sundays, it was like a whole home week because all the uncles and everyone
would be out because their houses were close together and the land that was
owned by his grandfather on his mother’s side.
MS. HAGAR: What did his grandfather do?
MS. JUGGINS: I think his grandfather worked the railroad. I think that’s what he did. I don’t
know where he got his money from to buy that land, but at that time, property
was cheaper or something.
MS. HAGAR: You started talking a little about his school. Tell me more about his education.
MS. JUGGINS: After Phelps, he graduated from there and he did not pursue any college
education at that time, but when he was hired down at the library to work with
its assistant law librarian, he started taking courses at American University in
Library Science. So that was his only involvement with college education.
MS. HAGAR: What did he share with you about his military service? I read that he was in the
MS. JUGGINS: Right. He was stationed in Japan, and he would tell me about things that they
did as young fellows. He was young, and they did some interesting things in
Japan. He went to Japan very thin, and his nickname was Skinny, and when he
passed, he still was called Skinny. He liked to eat, so they sent him to the mess
hall. He enjoyed working in there because he could get extra plates of food to
eat, so when he came out, that look of being skinny kind of disappeared,
although that nickname stayed with him throughout his life.
MS. HAGAR: You said he was born in Dumfries. When did the family move to Washington?
MS. JUGGINS: When he was an infant. The oldest child is a son, and the difference between
them was like two years. So, Mrs. Juggins moved to Washington with the
oldest son and with him at that time.
MS. HAGAR: Anything else about the military?
MS. JUGGINS: Not really. I have pictures. He had small albums, and there are pictures of him
sitting on top of jeeps and that kind of thing, arms around the Japanese girls
who were over there. Other than that, that was about it.
MS. HAGAR: What did he do after leaving the Army?
MS. JUGGINS: He came back and he started driving a cab. His oldest brother, Freddy, was a
cabdriver too, and they both started driving a cab called the Tan Top Company.
His brother’s cab number was 64, and Warren’s cab number was 54. When I
was going to Miner Teacher’s College, my girlfriends would be going down the
steps and we’d see these Tan Tops passing by. Both of them looked just alike,
Warren and his brother, so they would be waving at Freddy thinking he was
Warren. That was always a joke among my friends. They were very much into
cabs, and the man who owned the cab company took them under his wing. He
was a white man, and they called him Pop Ryan, I think. They really were very
close to him, and he did a lot for them. So that’s how my husband started
driving a cab.
MS. HAGAR: I see he was in the military 1945 to 1947. What years did he drive cab?
MS. JUGGINS: I imagine it must have been 1948 or 1949. But before he went in the service, he
did drive a dry cleaning truck, picking up laundry I think. He served papers as a
young boy. But when he came out of the service, he became a cab driver.
MS. HAGAR: You said you both grew up in the same neighborhood?
MS. JUGGINS: Right. He would be standing on the corner with the fellas, and I would be going
somewhere with my girlfriends, and I would wave at him, because he knew me
because of one of his sisters. And that was it at the time because to me he was
an old man.
MS. HAGAR: Tell me about your early years together. After you waved on the corner, how
did your relationship begin?
MS. JUGGINS: It’s interesting. My parents didn’t have a car at the time, and my mother – he
must have had eyes for me without my knowing it, so some kind of way, he got
involved in taking them to the O Street market on Saturdays to get their
groceries, and that’s how it started, I think. He would be up at the house doing
those kinds of things, taking them in his cab. Of course he wouldn’t charge
them anything. He would just take them to give them transportation.
MS. HAGAR: So, when did you two start seeing each other, becoming involved?
MS. JUGGINS: It was a long time before that happened because I was at Dunbar High School. I
finished Dunbar, and then I went to Miner Teacher’s College, and then I worked
on my Master’s at New York University. And all that time, it was a strange
relationship in an odd way. I always told my husband that he was in love with
me, but I was not in love with him, per se. We were just good friends. So when
I was at NYU, he and my older brother drove up to bring us back, my girlfriend
and me, to bring us back from school. He was extending himself in terms of
being there for me at times, not girlfriend/boyfriend to me, it wasn’t. But I
think after NYU it became more obvious, I was older too, and it became more
obvious that there was some feelings starting between the two of us.
MS. HAGAR: What about your wedding?
MS. JUGGINS: I had a pink wedding. Everybody wore pink. My dress was a blushing pink
bride’s gown. My mother was very much into fashion. She had attended a
wedding that somebody rich had, and it was kind of a mint green wedding, so
when I got married, she wanted to do something different. I got married in
April. She didn’t want me to have a June wedding because that was too
traditional, so I had a pink wedding.
MS. HAGAR: You mentioned that you were kind of just good friends. What led to the
proposal? How did that happen?
MS. JUGGINS: He asked my mother, and I thought that was very noble of him. I spotted a
charm bracelet. Did he buy the charm bracelet? I’m trying to think. He may
have bought the charm bracelet, and the first charm on there, of course, was a
heart. He gave it to me on Valentine’s Day. That same day, I got engaged on
Valentine’s Day. So that’s how it started. Naturally I was engaged then. But
actually it wasn’t funny either, but even though I was engaged, he teased me.
He said it was the longest engagement he ever heard of because I was working
on my – I had my Master’s, I’m trying to think when I got the ring. Anyway, I
wanted to finish school before I got married, so I wore my engagement ring
during that time, and then after I finished all my education, then that’s when we
got married, in 1959.
MS. HAGAR: Where were you married?
MS. JUGGINS: At 19th Street Baptist Church, the old one down at 19th and I, but now it’s on
16th Street, Northwest.
MS. HAGAR: Tell me about the early years of your marriage. Where did you live? What was
your family life like?
MS. JUGGINS: By my being the only girl, and my grandparents had just moved up here to this
house on Quincy Street, and my mother was very – she wanted to keep me
under her wings even though I was married. Moreover, I didn’t mind that, and
Warren didn’t mind that, which is very unusual for a man. So, my mother said
she wanted me to stay here on Quincy Street so we got the largest bedroom. We
needed my income help too because my mother never worked. My mother and
father separated when I was maybe in junior high school, and my grandparents
were very strong. My grandfather worked at the U.S. District Court, and he’s
the one who got Warren the job. He was a messenger for Judge Lotts, then
Judge Stafford. My grandfather was a very strong person at the Courthouse,
and got jobs for my two brothers and Warren and his oldest brother. He got
jobs for all four of them at the Courthouse.
MS. HAGAR: What was your grandfather’s name?
MS. JUGGINS: Albert Hansborough. And he was well respected by all the lawyers and judges
at the Courthouse. He was a messenger. My two brothers worked in the
Clerk’s office. Warren’s brother was a messenger for a judge. I can’t think of
his name. The judge was a very popular judge, he did a big case, and I can’t
think of it off-hand. Warren went into the library, worked with Mr. Johnson, I
think his name was Johnson. He was black too. Warren worked under him
when he first got there.
MS. HAGAR: We were talking about your early years being married. You were both living
here with your grandparents?
MS. JUGGINS: Right. Grandparents and my mother. And then like anything else eventually we
wanted our own place, so we looked in Annapolis, down at Oyster Harbor. We
negotiated and got the property down there, and we built a house down there.
So that was our outlet to have our own private place and have something that we
owned. But as anything else, I knew that eventually this house would come to
me. My grandfather had told me that, and they needed my income to help them
to pay the mortgage and taxes and whatever, and I didn’t mind doing it at all. I
was glad to do it.
MS. HAGAR: Did you live in the house in Annapolis?
MS. JUGGINS: When I married I was an instructional supervisor, and at that time, when
teachers are instructional supervisors, you had off from June into September.
So, the first of June, Warren would get his suits all together and his clothes that
he needed to commute back and forth to work, and we would go to our summer
home at Oyster Harbor and stay from June until September. He would
commute back and forth, because he was still working. We had two cars then,
because even though he drove back and forth, I had a car to drive around
Annapolis to do things, so that worked out well. I would bring my mother down
some weekends. I would come to town and check on her. She loved it down
there. She always wanted to be with me, you know, one of those overly
protective mothers. Warren, you know, accepted that. So many men would not,
having all these people in the house, and you are married, but he did that
because he loved me, and I respected him for that very much.
MS. HAGAR: If you were to describe his family life, his marriage, and everything, what do
you think he would say?
MS. JUGGINS: His marriage, he would say it was fantastic, very supportive, very
understanding, especially during these last four years. He would tell me often,
he said I just don’t know what I would do without you. So many things he
could not do, so many things I had to do, so many embarrassing things that
happened to him in public that I had to endure, and never made any complaint,
never showed any sign of being disgusted or why did that happen, didn’t you
know you had to do so-and-so. I never questioned his health. Never.
MS. HAGAR: Things that happened in public had to do with his illness?
MS. HAGAR: We’re going to talk some about his professional career now. You mentioned
earlier that he took classes to be a librarian? Tell me about his first job as a
MS. JUGGINS: It was, as I mentioned, my grandfather who got him the job there, and I think
the man’s name was Johnson with whom he worked. He went in not knowing
anything and it seemed like he picked up so fast because after Johnson retired,
he had to kind of supervise and be a person in charge until they hired someone
who had a degree in Law Library Science, or whatever it’s called. He did a
fantastic job. And then he worked under three different people after this black
fellow named Johnson retired, and those three new librarians were all white.
There were two white woman and a white fellow, and he worked under all three
of them. Then they moved out to different jobs or they retired. When the Bar
Association lost the library, he retired and someone in the Court of Appeals
heard he was retiring, and they called him up. I think her first name was Nancy,
and she said, Oh no, we need you. Come work three days a week or whatever
you want to work. So he worked with the Court of Appeals.
MS. HAGAR: So he worked for the Bar Association and the U.S. Attorney’s Office?
MS. JUGGINS: Yes, that’s what I meant to say, the U.S. Attorney’s Office. That’s where he
MS. HAGAR: What years?
MS. JUGGINS: I don’t remember. Whenever the library was sold. The Bar Association lost the
library in 1984, and when that happened, he retired, and then as I said he was
picked up right away by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, and he worked over there as
a librarian under somebody. I don’t remember the name of the person.
MS. HAGAR: Some of the things you gave me to read about him stated that he started at the
Court of Appeals law library at the Courthouse in 1989. Does that sound right
to you?
MS. JUGGINS: Either that or the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Because what happened, one time I
was called for jury duty and you know how the judge asks does anybody know
anyone who works for the court, and I raised my hand and he brought me to the
bench and I told him my husband was Warren Juggins, and the defense attorney
looked at me and scratched me right away. So the district attorney went back to
work and told Warren that he was on a case and your wife mentioned your name
and the defense attorney scratched me off.
MS. HAGAR: We were talking about the work he did. Tell me what you knew about what he
did at work.
MS. JUGGINS: You mean what was his job?
MS. JUGGINS: He did a lot of research, and based on the lawyers with whom I have talked,
they all have said he had excellent skills in finding cases that they needed to
help them to prove their cases, and it was highlighted, I think, in his obituary, in
his program, that he had excellent skills in that. He would do some things on
the side for lawyers. They would pay him. He was paid by the lawyers to help
them to win a case because when they won a case, they received a big
settlement, and they would come back and give him what you might call
gratitude something in terms of his job.
MS. HAGAR: Let’s talk about the work environment in the library during those years, his
early years, and tell me about some of the ways he helped the attorneys.
MS. JUGGINS: Like anything else, when it came out after Judge Bryant died, Warren never
shared much of this to me about those kinds of things he did for the African-
American lawyers who could not use the library. He really never sat down and
talked to me about that, and after the article came out in The Washington Post
when Judge Bryant died, he said that due to an African-American librarian in
the Bar Association library he was able to get books and do research and get a
degree eventually from Howard University where he was in school, and
everyone knows what happened. Judge Bryant became – what was his title –
federal judge, and then they named the building after him too. So Jack Olender
called my husband up, and he said, “Are you the librarian he mentioned in the
article?” And my husband said, “I have to admit I am.” And that was the first
time I knew anything about it myself. So I asked him, so what things did you
do? He said they would call and request a certain book. They couldn’t come
into the library, so he would work some schedule with the custodial staff, he
would put books in certain bags outside the door of the library, and the
custodians knew not to touch those bags because in those bags were books that
were going to be picked up later by some lawyer. Then he was able to sneak – I
hate to say the word “sneak” – but he was able to admit some of them in the
library after hours when nobody was around. They could come in there and use
the books. They later on had an apologetic luncheon at the Mayflower Hotel
apologizing to the African-American lawyers that the Bar Association had, and
my husband was there, and he was honored there and acknowledged that he
assisted the African-American lawyers to get their research work done through
getting the books they requested and letting them use the library without
anybody knowing.
MS. HAGAR: He received an Unsung Hero Award from Jack Olender.
MS. JUGGINS: Yes. That was the perfect title, Unsung, because as I said he never shared with
me until after this article on Bill Bryant. So he was quiet, reserved, never
shared what he was doing for those lawyers, and as you can tell, Attorney
General Eric Holder has written me a personal letter acknowledging that my
husband helped him when he was in law school, and at that time, blacks could
not use the library. I got a letter from Paul Quander, who was in so many
positions in the District who started off as a student from Howard. Warren
hired him to work during the summer, and his letter is very touching how my
husband helped him so much and what happened to him after he finished
Howard, all of the different opportunities he got, in jobs in the District.
Paul Quander.
MS. HAGAR: When did he retire?
MS. JUGGINS: Actually, I don’t know exactly when he retired.
MS. HAGAR: 1993, I think. How did he feel about retiring?
MS. JUGGINS: He was ready because he was showing little signs – he was still strong acting,
but he was starting to show signs of being – he was diagnosed as being diabetic,
and he was just tired, and he wanted to come out. They had a small retirement
for him, and Bill Bryant came back. William Bryant came to his retirement. It
was just an informal retirement. I took two of my friends and the staff had light
refreshments. That’s all he wanted. He didn’t want a big retirement affair.
MS. HAGAR: How did he feel about the things people said about how he helped them?
MS. JUGGINS: He was very humble. My husband was a strange man, I hate to say [laughter].
He was extremely quiet. We were so opposite. We were extremely opposite.
He would be, not embarrassed, but he was proud that they were recognizing
him, and he was very appreciative, but he didn’t boast about it because even at
the service at the church at his funeral service, everybody in the church was
shocked that my husband did all this because they never knew him to be that
type. He always came to church very quiet, sitting in his seat. He was very
friendly and all, but not outgoing. Very reserved. And everybody was so
surprised to know his background.
MS. HAGAR: What do you think he would like for anyone who’s reading about him to know?
MS. JUGGINS: That he saw there was a need, and he wanted to reach back and help. He saw
injustice and didn’t know another way to do it but worked out his scheme. He
knew as a black man growing up in Washington, D.C. that there were obstacles
that he had to overcome, and so he saw these young black men trying to be
lawyers, going to school, so whatever he could do, he wanted to do.
MS. HAGAR: Is there anything else you would like to share about your husband?
MS. JUGGINS: He was very family-oriented toward his sisters and brothers. One of his
nephews gave him an 80th birthday party, a surprise one, at Oyster Harbor, and I
was so happy that was done for him, and he just smiled and grinned from ear to
ear and enjoyed the whole day. It was at the beach house, and it was done
without his knowledge. He thought there was going to be a picnic down there,
but they all came, the great-nephews, the great-great nephews.
MS. HAGAR: Did you have any children?
MS. JUGGINS: No. We were not blessed with children, but we have god-children. Some of my
god-children called him uncle. His nickname was Skinny, so they would call
him Uncle Skinny. I have one particular great-nephew who has some problems,
and my husband’s death seemed to have really affected him, and he has
straightened his life out. And that has been a plus.
MS. HAGAR: Did he ever visit the Courthouse after his retirement?
MS. JUGGINS: Once in a while he went back. Before they did all that construction down there,
he would go back for different occasions. He laughed all the time because
many people who saw him walking would say “Judge, how are you doing Your
Honor?” That’s one thing, he had a sense of humor. He would acknowledge
them calling him a judge, and he wouldn’t say anything. I would say why don’t
you tell him you’re not a judge, and he would say thank you, good morning. So
he laughed about that. My husband was dapper in his dress attire. He loved
suits, and all of them came from Brooks Brothers. So he looked the part I guess
of a judge.
MS. HAGAR: What did he do in retirement?
MS. JUGGINS: We enjoyed our place at the harbor. We would go down there more, stay longer
than September, of course. We would go down in winter and burn logs. He had
two friends, and they would go out to lunch on a regular basis, two male friends,
like once a week. He did join Bally’s Fitness. I gave that to him as a Christmas
gift one year, and he had that and renewed it. It was out in Prince George’s
County. He did that, and then the main thing he loved doing near the end was
sit on the front porch. He loved the front porch, and of course what he was
seeing was gentrification in full view, and he couldn’t get over it. He was
excited and just couldn’t believe his eyes. He would say, your grandfather I
know is turning over in his grave if he saw what was going on now on Quincy
Street. We have become very friendly with some of our neighbors and they
came to his funeral too.
MS. HAGAR: What surprised you most other than not knowing about the things that he did for
MS. JUGGINS: What surprised me the most about him? He was so quiet, he just never talked
about what he had done.
MS. HAGAR: Did you talk more about it, did you make him tell you more about it?
MS. JUGGINS: What he told me, that was it [laughter]. I remember when Eric Holder came on
the television one time and he was made Attorney General and Warren did say
he used to come to the library. That’s all he said, he used to come to the library.
He and Clarence Thomas. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. He would
say he would use the library a lot, and he would say he didn’t come across the
way he’s coming across now that he’s on the bench at the Supreme Court. He
didn’t make comments like that. But not go into any detail, but he would just
mention that. And of course he would talk about Paul Quander. He always
talked about him as a student. He would say, I wonder what he’s doing. I
would like to talk with him, or something like that. But other than that, nothing.
MS. HAGAR: Well thank you so much, Mrs. Juggins. Is there anything else that you would
like to add regarding your husband?
MS. JUGGINS: No. I just want to say that he lived a life that I think he enjoyed, and everything
that he wanted to do, he did. We went on cruises, we went to Europe on a
cruise. We went to Hawaii, and to all the islands, the Caribbean islands. So
wewere able to enjoy those kinds of things when we both were in good health.
MS. HAGAR: Thank you very much.
MS. JUGGINS: You’re welcome.
Oral History of Warren Juggins
African-American lawyers, 11, 12
Bar Association, 9
Bryant, William, 11, 12, 13
library materials, 11
Hansborough, Albert (grandfather of wife Laurice), 7
Holder, Eric, 12, 15
Johnson, Jean Juggins (sister), 2
Juggins, Claude (brother), 2
Juggins, Freddy (brother), 4
Juggins, Warren -Personal
American University
studied Library Science, 3
Bally’s Fitness, 15
beach home in Annapolis, 2
birth – Dumfries, Virginia, 1
brick masonry, 1
driving a cab., 2
Francis Junior High School, 1
grew up in Washington, 1
diabetes, 13
marriage, 6
military service in Japan, 3
nickname Skinny, 3
personality traits, 13
Phelps Vocational School, 1, 3
siblings, 2
Skinny (nickname), 14
Tan Top Company., 4
vacations, 16
Juggins, Warren – Professional
classes, 9
library, 3
Unsung Hero Award, 12
Juggins, Yarrow (father)
brickmason, 1
Kendall, Elizaabeth (mother)
homemaker, 1
Olender, Jack, 11, 12
Oyster Harbor, 7. 8, 14
Padgett, Nancy, 9
Patterson, Laurice wife
Miner Teacher’s College, 4, 5
Quander, Paul, 12, 16
Stafford, Wendell Phillips, 7
Thomas, Clarence, 16
Washington Post, 11
U.S. Attorney’s Office, 10
Warren T. Juggins
Brief Biographical Sketch
Warren T. Juggins was born in 1927 in Dumfries, Virginia, and died July 18, 2014.
He served as a librarian in the Prettyman Courthouse Library from 1952 to 1983 when he retired,
and from 1989 to 1999. He served as a librarian in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for several years
following his retirement and before his return to the Courthouse Library.
Mr. Juggins’s wife of 55 years, Laurice Juggins, graciously agreed to record her recollections of
her husband’s life and service to the Courts of the D.C. Circuit.