Alan Morrison Biographical Sketch: Daniel Marcus, Esq.Catherine Nugent2022-03-24T11:58:05-04:00
Note: You may use Ctrl/F to find specific text within this document.
About WGL Sile Index Topic Areas Calendar Podcasts Prospective Students I Current ?tudents I Alumni I Faculty I Staff [ Media
Fellow in Law and Government
Office: Room 5150
Dan Marcus joined the faculty of WCL in 2004. Previously, he was General Counsel of the 9-11
Commission. He was for many years a partner in the Washington law firm of Wilmer, Cutler &
Pickering. During the Carter Administration he was Deputy General Counsel of the Department of
Health, Education and Welfare, and General Counsel of the Department of Agriculture. He returned
to Government service in 1998 as Senior Counsel in the White House Counsel’s office. From 1999
to 2001 he held several senior positions at the Department of Justice, including Associate Attorney
General. He has also been a Visiting Professor at Georgetown University Law Center. He was a law
clerk for Judge Harold Leventhal of the U,S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
– LAW-503-003 Constitutional Law
– LAW-635-001 National Security Law in the Age of Terrorism
Degrees & Universities
– B.A., Brandeis University
– LL.B., Yale Law School
– Daniel Marcus, OSHA ‘s Hazard Communication Standard, in The Environmental Law
Manual (ABA 1992).
– CV (Adobe PDF Format)
– Bio (Adobe PDF Fonnat)
– Print Profile
– Daniel Marcus, OSHA’s Expanding Hazard Communication Requirements, 4 Nat. Res. & Env. 19 (1990).
– Daniel Marcus, Soviet Pipeline Sanctions: The President’s Authority to Impose Extraterritorial Controls,, 15 L. & Policy Intl.
Bus. 1163 (1983).
– Daniel Marcus, The New FDA Hearing Regulations? An Analysis, 29 Food, Drug, Cosmetic l.J. 336 (1974).
– Daniel Marcus, Ford v. Ford: Full Failh & Credit for Child Custody Decrees (note). 73 Yale L.J. 134 (1963).
+: Selected Presentations
Selected Media Appearances
– Radio Times, ”The Challenges for the Next Attorney General” (WHYY Radio/NPR Sirius Radio Sept., 20 2007) (Radio
– USA Today, “Gonzales’ Successor To Inherit a Fractured Agency” (USA Today Aug. 29, 2007) (Newspaper Interview).
– New York Times, “Gonzales, Loyal to Bush, Was Firm on War Policies” (N.Y. Times Aug. 27, 2007) (Newspaper Interview).
– Dissecting The Decision: The Libby Sentencing, “NBC Local News” (WRC-TV July 2, 2007) (Televesion).
– Discussion on 9111 Commission Report, Nightline (ABC-TV Sept. 10, 2006) (Television Interview).
– Wiretapping and Government Surveillance (WTTG Fox 5 Feb. 6, 2006) (Television Interview).
AU J my,american,edu I Directory I Directions I Advanced Search I Contact Us 1 Webmaster
Washington College of Law • 4801 Massachusetts Avenue, NW – Washington, DC 20016 – 202-274-4000