Richard Henry Alvey
Chief Justice, U. S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Nominated by Grover Cleveland on April 14, 1893, to a new seat authorized by 27 Stat. 434; Confirmed by the Senate on April 15, 1893, and received commission on April 15, 1893.
Service terminated on January 1, 1905, due to retirement.
Read law, 1849
Private practice, Hagerstown, Maryland, 1850-1867
Member, Maryland State Legislature, 1867
Delegate, Maryland Constitutional Convention, 1867
Chief judge, Fourth Judicial Circuit Court of Maryland, 1867-1883
Chief justice, Maryland Court of Appeals, 1883-1893
Private practice, Hagerstown, Maryland, 1904-1906