District Courts of the D.C. Circuit
Official photographs have been taken of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (previously the Supreme Court of the District of Columbia (1863 – 1936) and the District Court of the United States for the District of Columbia (1936 – 1948), typically in the years in which there was a change in the composition of the Court. The first such photograph was taken of the Cartter Court in 1863.
This exhibit contains all the official photographs of the Court taken from 1863 until 2020, the years of the Howell Court, except that the official photos of the Clabaugh Court (1903 – 1914) and the Eicher Court (1942 – 1944) are not available.